How it Works
When you purchase an Unwrapped gift, your donation supports Oxfam’s life saving work around the world. Your Unwrapped gift helps people living in poverty gain greater levels of self-sufficiency and control over their lives. Oxfam works with communities to determine what they need to change their own lives. Whether it’s a chicken, seeds or a safe water source.
How purchasing a gift through Oxfam Unwrapped works:
- You choose your gift.
- You choose the card-type (e-card, pdf, or print card) to be delivered to your recipient, and personalize the message in the card (optional).
- You will get a confirmation email after your purchase, containing your receipt.
- Your symbolic gift, is actually a donation - which goes to those who need it most.
Because your gifts are considered charitable donations to Oxfam Canada, your purchases are tax deductible. Once you've purchased a gift, a tax receipt will be sent to you by email. Please note that we are only able to issue a charitable tax receipt in the name of the individual who has made the donation/gift.
Where the money goes:
The money that you, and thousands of others, spend on Oxfam Unwrapped gifts supports the full range of Oxfam's work around the world, from emergency responses to advocacy projects. When you buy an Unwrapped gift, your donation will be allocated to one of four program funds:
- Saving Lives Fund – Your gift supports our vital humanitarian work around the world, enabling us to mobilize quickly and provide help to local partners when disaster strikes.
- Supporting Livelihoods Fund – You gift helps Oxfam deliver a wide range of life-changing programs that help vulnerable communities improve their lives and livelihoods.
- Empowering Women and Girls Fund – Your gift helps Oxfam improve the lives of women and girls around the world, by reducing inequality and providing access to vital services including healthcare, training, education and access to social services.
- Investing in the Future Fund – These gifts support Oxfam’s long term development projects; helping communities rebuild after disaster, providing cash for work projects, and implementing other programs to reduce poverty now and into the future.
Whatever gift you decide to give, we'll ensure that your money gets to the people who need it most.